Cliff McMaster commenced work in his garage making S/S exhaust manifolds as a hobby.
- Cliff & Margaret McMaster, at the age of 31, obtained a loan, purchased some machinery and formed a partnership – C & M McMaster.
- Sardik Engineering & James Boyle plumbing being their first customers.
- Moved to a dirt floored factory in Buffalo Rd, Gladesville.
- Moved to a factory in Devlin St, Ryde.
- Making S/S sinks, drainers, special electrical cabinets as well as doing general sheetmetal jobbing work.
- 30th November – Registered C & M McMaster Pty Ltd.
- Property at 72 Mandoon Rd, Girraween was purchased.
- Aerolux Engineering became a major client in dust collector and rotary valve manufacture.
- Registered C-Mac Sheetmetal.
- Son Terry commenced work in office.
- Westacot Engineering at Rydalmere was purchased to enable manufacture of rotary valves.
- Son Robert commenced employment.
- Registered C-Mac Engineering in April.
- Parramatta Tank Works was purchased at St Marys and modern manufacturing techniques were introduced.
- Registered C-Mac Industries (Aust) Pty Ltd.
- Parramatta Tank Works was relocated to the rear of 72 Mandoon Rd, Girraween.
- Money from sale of St Marys land was used to purchase a C.N.C. Plasma Cutter.
- Son Graham commenced working in the Sheetmetal shop.
- Obtained licence to manufacture T.S.A. Modular Liner Tanks – from Western Australia
- Licence expired in 1993.
- After several floods at Rydalmere, the property at 74 Mandoon Rd was purchased and Engineering was relocated next door to the Sheetmetal.
- Son Kendall was engaged as accountant.
- October – purchased Lynfast Engineering.
- Lynfast Engineering was relocated to the rear of 74 Mandoon Rd.
- August – Terry had a fatal motor vehicle accident.
- September – Daughter-in-law joined the company.
- November – Graham left the company.
- December – Cliff retired (What an upheval) and son Robert became General Manager. (Robert swept the dirt floor for pocket money in 1964).
- June – Margaret (Cliff's wife) retired.
- September – consultants engaged for a company review and diagnostic.
- Registered C-Mac Engineering and Gearcutting combining Lynfast Engineering and C-Mac Engineering.
- Graham returned as P.T.W. Manager and the Company was restructured.
- New computer system installed including bar-coded tracking of jobs.
- Celebrated 30 yrs in business.
- Website established.
- Nursery Division set-up.
- First salesman employed.
- Rehabilitation procedures introduced.
- Participated in the Western Sydney Metals Network.
- Y2000, GST and the Olympics for a distraction.
- Undergraduate Uni Student employed for Market and R&D work with Nursery Products.
- 5year SES contract won for bagging machines.
- Moved into upstairs office extensions (plans drawn in 1986).
- Marketing consultant engaged.
- Daughter-in-law Suzanne joined the business.
- CAD introduced & decision to upgrade Arrow and SMP software made.
- Focused on nursery equipment and Grants for R & D obtained.
- Staff changes managers & bookeeper retiring.
- OH & S cultural changes. Toolbox meetings & risk accessments.
- Office in Northern NSW established.
- Parramatta Tank Works sold to the Water Tank Team.
- After running the Tankworks for ten years, Graham McMaster left the business and moved to Queensland.
- New computer server and 3D software was installed and Qualified Engineer employed (first person to have a degree at C-Mac).
- Senior staff reduced and management structure changed due to financial difficulties.
- Extensive renovation to staff facilities with meal rooms, kitchens and change rooms updated.
- New MRP software, M1 introduced.
- Purchased business A.D. Spring and started manufacturing nursery benches.
- 3rd August – Director and Founder of C-Mac Industries, Mr Cliff McMaster, passed away.
- Maintenance Service Division setup specializing in IOT equipment.
- Employee Share Buyout of family business commenced.
- New website design and SEO implemented
- Lean Manufacturing Training and implementation
- First ever Marketing person employed
- Advisory Board set-up
- April - New Vision and Strategic Plan developed by staff
- August - Staff Committee established
- Inbound Marketing implemented with Hubspot software
- January - Da Ros from Italy becomes a partner.
- November - 50 year celebrations - Family fun day at C-Mac
- April - Formation Meeting for C-Mac Industries (Aust) Co-operative Ltd. Decision to proceed.
- July - Succession Plan implemented and C-Mac Industries (Aust) Co-operative operational with new ABN and structure with new Directors on the Board.