- Precision Machining
- Engineering Capabilities
- Gearcutting Capabilities
- Maintenance Support
- Gear Grinding
- Gear Testing
Complete engineering service is provided ”Business to Business” and “Business to Consumer”.
With 45 years + experience in general engineering C-Mac can provide a solution to all your engineering requirements.
From vintage car repairs through to complex tooling for production lines.
With a wide range of machines and general equipment, our staff responds to requirements with flexibility, efficiency and on time deliveries giving you the customer what you require.
The video above demonstrates a tapered square thread being cut on a lathe. This thread is used on drilling rigs to extend drill rods for takiing core samples.
Back to Top
Computerised Vertical Machining Centre (Hitachi)
- Travel: x = 560mm, y = 410mm z = 410mm.
- 20 Tool changes
Computerised Turning Lathes (Hitachi)
- Up to 620mm dia. x 1100mm between centres
- 110mm dia. spindle bore
- With special tooling:
- Max.OD Turning 910mm dia. x 250mm long
- Vertical bandsaw (Pehaka) – 780mm throat x 480mm thickness
- Automatic Saw (Kasto) – 250mm capacity
- Mas Radial Arm Drilling – 55mm dia. Drilling capacity x 1.5metres travel
- OTC Hydraulic Press – 55tonne x 600mm stroke
- Universal & Turret Mills
- Centre lathes
- Tool & Cutter grinders
- Drill presses
- Tap removal
- Allied pieces of equipment.
- Extensive range of measuring equipment and gauges.
C-Mac can also provide:
- Water Jet, Laser, Wire, and Plasma cutting.
- Five (5) axis Machining and Tooling Services.
OKUMA Vertical Machining Centre
- This new machine at C-Mac is on top of its class.
- Excellent cost performance for customers.
- Impressive thermal stability.
- Nimble machine that delivers speed and high accuracy.
- Environmentally friendly.
C-Mac now has larger capacity computerised machining:
- Axis travel (X/ Y/ Z) 1.050mm / 560mm / 460mm
- Max. load capacity 900kg
- High speed machining at 12,000 rpm
- 32 tools and through spindle coolant
OKUMA CNC Live Tooling Lathe
- Multi-function lathe that is anything but basic.
- Increased functionality and flexibility in a single setup for turnY/mill and drilling of jobs for customers.
- Max. work length – 1060mm
- Max. Turning Diameter – 300mm
- Live Tooling – 12 Stations
C-Mac works with the following materials:
- Incolloys, stainless steel, copper brass and bronze, alloy steels, aluminum, castings and forgings;
- Plastics, felt and synthetic materials including urethane and rubber;
- High tensile and hardened steels;
Range of steels held in stock.
Back to Top
- Keyways and Splines
- Gear hobbing & shaping
- Spurs Gears, Helical Gears and Worm Wheels
- Internal and External Splines
- Tooth Rounding
- 300 mm max. Face Width x 1,800 mm Outside Diameter.
- Internal gears – 400 mm inside diameter maximum.
- External gears – 600 mm outside diameter maximum.
- Face width – 130mm
- Diameter 650 mm x 300 mm face width.
- METRIC 0.8 to 10 Module
- IMPERIAL 60 DP to 1.1/4 DP
Heat Treatment – Nitride, Case Harden and Flame Hardening.
Special steels, castings, bronze, composite fibre and engineered plastics.
Fix customer gearing Problems
Back to Top
GalleryBack to Top
C-Mac solves all your maintenance support problems with a unique solution.
C-Mac provides a Fitter & Machinist Tradesman with a complete manufacturing and design facility at his call, as an immediate resource.
A processing plant had part-time maintenance staff retiring. C-Mac offered to provide a single Fitter & Machinist on an “On-Call” basis.
That single Fitter has the full resources of C-Mac to immediately support him:
- Machine workshop with advanced equipment and 10 tradesmen – Fitter Machinists, toolmaker.
- Gear cutting workshop;
- Sheet metal Fabrication workshop with 14 staff – boilermakers, fitter welders, sheet metal workers;
- Project Engineer (specializing in materials handling & Lean Manufacturing)
- Design Engineer and Draftsman;
- Administration support staff.
Basically customer has a full Engineering Department on call to repair, prevent and solve all their engineering needs. Management no longer has to worry about having an engineering department in their business structure.
1. Request a tradesman once per month to visit your facility and fix up all those annoying AH&S issues you have identified.
If the project is too big or complex for a single tradesman, know that he has “On-call” immediately, a fully equipped and staffed design, engineering and fabrication facility.
2. Have you implemented Lean Manufacturing and having trouble finding time and know how to do those production improvements, and need designed proposals and good investment returns? Our Project Engineer is very experienced in materials handling and is trained in lean techniques.
Contact C-Mac to arrange an appointment to discuss and tailor a maintenance solution for your business.
s.Back to Top
Gears are the most important machine elements in construction of transmissions, equipment and machinery. The requirements place on gears in terms of power transmission or running smoothness continues to rise steadily. Grinding is therefore one of the most important methods for fulfilling these high quality demands.
Gear grinding is a finishing process to obtain a predetermined quality gear. Gear grinding is done to meet the exact requirements of form, dimension, and surface texture. Gear grinding gives a very high degree of dimensional accuracy.
Gear Grinding Advantages
- Reduces vibrations and noise at high speeds
- Increased root and flank load carrying capacity with reduced gear box dimensions
- Precision gears are capable of carrying more load while reducing transient loads.
- Higher the level of precision, the longer a gear system will last.
- Ultimately lowers operational costs by reducing input power requirements
Lead and Involute Gear Testing
Quality of gears and analysis of gear tooth is achieved by using a universal gear tester. Spur, helical, internal gears and worm wheels can be tested with extreme precision
C-Mac can now offer the service of testing
- Pitch Error
- Lead Error
- Run out
Back to Top