Shade Houses Manufacturer in Sydney
Growing vegetables and flowers or trees during the summer months in Australia has always been difficult. This is due to high temperatures, high water needs of the plants, weeds, insects, diseases and sometimes long periods of rain.
Normally a propogated plant would be moved out from a production area to an area with 70 or 80% shade, after a period there it would be moved to an area with 30% shade and thereafter into the full sun.
What is a shade house?
A shade house is for maximum growing of indoor, shade loving plants (as opposed to full sun in a greenhouse) as well as for raising seedlings.
A shade house is a structure which usually consists of a metal frame that supports shade cloth - a type of screen that provides some passive environmental control e.g.shading the plants from excessive sunlight and wind.
In warmer climates shade houses are useful for growing a range of plants that grow well in cool to temperte regions but do not cope with the amount of hot direct sun. In a cold snap, more elaborate shade houses can be heated to prevent frost damage to the plants.
Which plants need to be grown in a shade house?
Research has proven that optimal shading conditions are affecting significantly on the growth aspect for many species of plants.
Shade houses are ideal for growing:
- Fruits and vegetables
- Tree seedlings
- Hydroponic produce
- Shade loving (cut) flowers: ferns, azaleas and orchids
- Rainforest plants: gingers, monstera, philodendrons and cunjevois
- Frost/Heat sensitive plants: fuchsias, impatiens and begonias
- Other nursery plants that need to harden off
Why use a shade house?
Shade houses are important in plant production and gaining maximum growth, allowing plants time to acclimatize to outdoor conditions. There are a number of benefits in using a shade house:-
- Protect plants from wind, hail and pests
- Protect plants from extreme hot weather
- Protect plants which are cold or frost sensitive over winter
- Propagate new plants
- Grow tropical plants in cooler climates
- Increase yields and quality. The result of a healthier root system
- Improve space: Using multi-tier/layer benches in a shade house
- Grow vegetables, cut flowers or berry fruits out of season, or faster than might be achieved outside.
Save in costs
- Considerable savings in operation costs (energy, irrigation, spraying, etc.)
- Labor cost: Better work environment increases work efficiency
- Plant disease suppression
- Avoid workers exposing to severe weather conditions
Why use C-Mac Shade Houses?
- Australian manufactured over the last 40 years (proven performance).
- Strong and sturdy construction.
- No sharp edges or protrusions to damage valuable shade covers.
- Frame is spaced off ground for extended life.
- Made from heavy duty galvanized tube frames (galvanized internally and externally).
- Supplied in D.I.Y. kit form.
- Precision made patented joints which simply socket together.
- Easy to assemble with 3D instructions – no bolts or clamps.
- Shade House Kits available in gable roof, flat roof and Lean-to.
- Large range of Benches Kits available for shade house benching - using the same materials and construction methods.
- Heavy duty galvanized tube frames - 25.4mm diameter x 1.6mm (Galvanized internally and externally)
- Galvanised Tube has a long life – not ultra violet light affected like plastics.
- Galvanised Tube is impervious to white ant attack
- 50% Green Shade Cloth
- Extra strong knitted shade cloth
- U.V. stabilised horticultural shadecloth fabric
- Top quality knitted shade cloth covers with individual removable panels
- Covers simply tie to frame using plastic cable ties providing a smooth clean finish.
- Standard lockable hinged door located centrally on end wall
- High door openings: 2.1 metre
- Easy access: doors swing in or out.
Legs and rails
- 450mm long extension legs for concreting into uneven ground
- Inbuilt hanging rails
Shade House Details:
3D Assembly Instructions – 6 × 8 Economy Shade house:
"My C-Mac shade house has made looking after the many different orchids in my collection much easier. The benches are a good width and height and the various parts of the shade house fitted together well and the completed structure feels solid."
----- Proud owner of a newly assembled 2.4 × 4.8 metre “Spring Shade House” with 3 Tier “Spring Benching.” See full Testimonial
ALTERNATIVE TO A LARGE SHADE HOUSE
2 and 3 Tier “Spring Benching” with Shade Cloth Cover
- Heavy Duty Zippers
- Roll up Bar for front panel & roof
Contact us on 02 9631 6000 to make an enquiry OR
Other nursery equipment such as potting bench, Trailer, Pot lifter/handler which also reduce risk of getting injury and increase work efficiency are also available.