Shade Houses Manufacturer In Sydney For Over 50 Years
Quality DIY Nursery & Garden Shade House Kits Ship Australian Wide (Brisbane, Perth, Melbourne & Canberra......)
Growing vegetables and flowers or trees during the summer months in Australia has always been difficult. This is due to high temperatures, high water needs of the plants, weeds, insects, diseases and sometimes long periods of rain.
Shade house - The ultimate solution
With a quality shade house in place, regardless it is small or large, there are so many benefits associated with it (See below). It is a valuable asset to have when it comes to growing plants and protecting them properly.
Normally a propogated plant would be moved out from a igloo or glass house production area to an area with 70 or 80% shade, then after a period of time it would be moved to an area with 30% shade and thereafter into the full sun.
What is a shade house?
A shade house is for maximum growing of indoor, shade loving plants (as opposed to full sun in a greenhouse/Glasshouse/Hot House) as well as for raising seedlings.
A shade house is a structure which usually consists of a metal frame that supports shade cloth - a type of screen that provides some passive environmental control e.g. shading the plants from excessive sunlight and wind.
In warmer climates shade houses are useful for growing a range of plants that grow well in cool to temperate regions but do not cope with the amount of hot direct sun. In a cold snap, more elaborate shade houses can be heated to prevent frost damage to the plants.
Which plants need to be grown in a shade house?
Research has proven that optimal shading conditions effect significantly the growth aspect for many species of plants.
Shade houses are ideal for growing:
- Fruits and vegetables: eg. tomatoes
- Tree seedlings
- Hydroponic produce
- Shade loving (cut) flowers: ferns, azaleas and orchids
- Rainforest plants: gingers, monstera, philodendrons and cunjevois
- Frost/Heat sensitive plants: fuchsias, impatiens and begonias
- Other nursery plants that need to harden off
Why use a shade house?
A shade house is important in plant production for gaining maximum growth, allowing plants time to acclimatize to outdoor conditions and "harden off". There are a number of benefits in using a shade house:
- Protect plants from wind, hail and pests
- Protect plants from extreme hot weather
- Protect plants which are cold or frost sensitive over winter
- Propagate new plants
- Grow tropical plants in cooler climates
- Increase yields and quality. The result of a healthier root system
- Improve space: Using multi-tier/layer shelves in a shade house
- Grow vegetables, cut flowers or berry fruits out of season, faster than might be achieved outside.
Save in costs
- Considerable savings in operation costs (energy, irrigation, spraying, misting etc.)
- Labor cost: Better work environment increases work efficiency
- Plant disease suppression
- Avoid workers exposed to severe weather conditions
Why use C-Mac Shade House?
- Australian manufactured over the last 50 years (proven performance).
- Strong and sturdy construction.
- No sharp edges or protrusions to damage valuable shade covers.
- Frame is spaced off ground for extended life.
- Made from heavy duty galvanized steel tubular frames (galvanized internally and externally).
- Supplied in D.I.Y. kit form (Made to order).
- Precision made patented joints which simply socket together.
- Easy to assemble with 3D instructions – no bolts or clamps.
- Shade House Kits available in gable roof, flat roof and Lean-to.
- Large range of Bench Kits available for shade house benching - using the same materials and construction methods.
- Component sizes are designed to fit on 2400 x 1200 standard pallet to save on transport costs for deliveries throughout Australia
- Spring Shade Houses can be easily manufactured specially to suit or adopt to sloping ground in back yards - save escavating
- Very large range of Spring Shade House sizes are available that suit most site sizes ()
Spare Parts Availability
- All your purchasing details are saved in our MRP computer system
- We can provide you with spare parts for easy & prompt part replacement
- Replacement parts are still available for product over 50 years old
- C-Mac offers phone call support if any issues during assembly
- C-Mac provides quotes for government and council grants
- “Urgent” quotes can be provided on request
- Heavy duty galvanized steel tubular frames - 25.4mm diameter x 1.6mm (Galvanized internally and externally)
- Galvanised steel tube has a long life – not ultra violet light affected like plastics
- Galvanised steel tube is impervious to white ant attack
- 50% Green Shade Cloth
- Extra strong knitted shade cloth
- U.V. stabilised horticultural shade cloth fabric
- Top quality knitted shade cloth covers with individual removable panels
- Shade cloth covers simply tie to frame using plastic cable ties through eyelets providing a smooth, tear free, clean finish.
Shade cloth coverings are of a very high quality – extra heavy duty fabric
- Eyelets are used to attach shade cloth to structure using cable ties
- Eyelets have triple reinforced stitched folds for extra strength
- Sewn edges and wear strips around loops
Separate sections provide for easy replacement if shade cloth should be damaged at any time, without the expense of having to replace the complete shade house cloth cover.
Shade house coverings are made in 3.2m wide sections (not a single piece cover) for easy assembly and replacement.
When it comes to replace or update “shadecloth” on your existing shade houses, shade cloth can be purchased from C-Mac. The replacement shade cloth will be tailored to your sepcific dimensions.
- Standard lockable hinged door located centrally on end wall
- High door openings: 2.1 metre
- Easy access: Quality doors swing in or out
- 450mm long extension legs for concreting into uneven ground
- Correct Fit: Customers can re-fit themselves (No tradesman required)
- Identifiable: Part easily identifiable by the assembly drawings
- Cost Efficiency: Shipment cost and replacement parts are cost efficient
C-Mac Shade House Gallery
How easy is it to assemble C-Mac's Shade house?
The video was originally produced by our customer Charlotte Webb from Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens in Bowral. The BIG Shade house construction is done by their volunteers.
Why choose C-Mac’s “Spring” Shade House?
"I cannot speak highly enough of Suzi, Aaron and the team at C-Mac Industries. They pulled out all the stops to fill our order for a shade house and benching at the Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens. They readily understood our special needs as a garden still in the early stages of development.
The products are of the highest quality and were supplied in kit form with easy-to-understand instructions. Our team of volunteers soon proved that the shade house and benches were indeed easy to install. C-Mac Industries ticked all the boxes"
----- Charlotte Webb from Southern Highlands Botanic Gardens in Bowral NSW 2576
"My C-Mac shade house has made looking after the many different orchids in my collection much easier. The benches are a good width and height and the various parts of the shade house fitted together well and the completed structure feels solid."
----- Barbara Simcock (Orchid Hobbyist at Kurrajong)
(Barbara is the proud owner of a newly assembled 2.4 × 4.8 metre “Spring Shade House” with 3 Tier “Spring Benching” in her back yard)
- Spring Benches are free standing in shade house (not attached) and are designed to fit into a Spring Shade House.
- The image above was taken over 6 years ago. The current C-Mac Shade house looks even better as C-Mac has improved the design and the quality of the shade house further (eg. Eyelets are used to attach shade cloth to structure using cable ties)
ALTERNATIVE TO A LARGE SHADE HOUSE
Shade cloth cover added to a 3 tiered Spring Bench
- Roll up front panel on a rod
- Comes with heavey duty zippers
- Cloth ties so rolled up panel doesn't fall
- See Spring Benching Price List for sizes available
You can stand on this shelf and not bend it.
Extras that you can put in your shade house to make it work better for your plants (eg. orchids) - see image on the right
- Hanging basket rails
- Mesh walls for hanging orchids.
Below are the documents to prove the "QUALITY" of our Shade House:
Spring Benching & Shade House Maintenance.pdf
Quality System Certificate of Registration.pdf
Galvanizing of pipe specifications & material certificate.pdf
Shade house "Size & Price List“：
Click here for "Plant & Equipment Finance"
*Please note: (1) Lead time applies to C-Mac's shade houses because they are locally Made in Sydney Australia) (2) Custom sizes are possible (Extra cost applies)
“Lead Time to Manufacture”
- Shade Houses 8-10 Weeks
- Benches 3-4 Weeks
Contact us on 02 9631 6000 to make an enquiry OR
Other nursery equipment such as Shade house with special cover, Shade house benching, Trailer, Pot lifter which also reduce risk of getting injury and increase work efficiency are also available.
C-Mac's Spring Shade houses are extremely popular Australian wide, so we are looking for some regional Shade houses resellers to partner up. Click here to see the contact details