C-Mac has been very proactive to date and has addressed many environmental issues
C-Mac minimised carbon consumption by:
- negotiated electricity contract
- Installed skylights in roof and walls
- Digital high bay lighting throughout both factories with light sensors turning lights on and off automatically depending on light intensity from the sun.
- Roof ventillation - changes air in factories every 2.5 hrs
- Power timers on zip heaters, fridges, water bubblers etc
- Light timer switches on meal rooms and toilet areas
- Power is turned off/on in controlled manner manually to reduce power spikes
- Tinted office and factory windows
- Window shades and blinds for offices
- Planted shade trees for offices
- Roofs of factories and offices ahave been painted white to reflect heat
- KPI measured monthly: kva units consumed per operator hour worked.
C-Mac protects our environment by:
- Any spillages on site drains to a central underground catchment tank
- Roof abestos has been encapulated to minimise airborn particles
C-Mac saves our world's resources by:
- Spot welding water is recycled
- Rainwater tank on factory
- Sorts and recycles all steel scrap metal
- Separate and recycle all paper and cardboard
- Reuse one sided A4 paper documents for incoming faxes and internal printing
- Redesigning standard products to reduce wastage
- Scan and store drawings to customer computer files
This is an ongoing improvement process in all areas of manufacture with changes in culture and habits of staff.
C-Mac aims to create a culture of sustainability:
- for the business longgivity and business opportunities
- our products - less materials and energy demands and a reduction in waste
- our environment by reducing C-Mac's footprint on the earth
- we work in engineering but we also produce horticultural equipment so green life can be grown easily.
C-Mac is also support local charity.